Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Add interactivity switch when save as web page

Hi,

I am only guessing that the reason it is gone is because of SharePoint, that
is not to say that sharepoint woul allow you to do this. Maybe someone makes
an add-in that restores this feature in 2007.

Although I hate these types of solutions, I would conside what Mac users are
needing to do if they want to use VBA in Excel (Microsoft removed VBA from
Excel 2008 - you can't create it, you can't run any of you VBA from prior
versions, every macro is dead! and you can't even convert them to the new
macro language - Apple Script). So what are Mac users doing - They are 1.
Not upgrading or 2. they are running both versions of Excel.

I run 5 versions of Excel on one machine and there are no problems, but you
need to be careful when you install. So you can run 2003 and 2007. You can
use 2003 for those tasks that require publishing to the web, for everything
else you could use 2007.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Garth" wrote:

Thanks. It has been removed. What do you do if you don't have sharepoint.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

If my memory serves me right, this feature was removed in 2007. Probably
because of the integration with SharePoint.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Garth" wrote:

Hi
When saving an Excel worksheet as a web page in Excel 2003 you can select
the check box "add interactivity".

This check box has disappeared in Excel 2007. How do I recreate that
functionality.

The functionality is to be able to publish a worksheet and then be able to
edit it after saving as a web page.

Thanks