Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default how do you fill down value until it changes

Works for me.

1. Highlight all of the cells, including the blanks you want to fill.
2. Press F5, click special and go to blanks
3. Type "=" then UP ARROW (equal sign, then Up Arrow) and press Ctrl-
Enter.

The blank cells are filled in with the cell from above.

HTH
JP

On Apr 9, 8:03*pm, Dorian wrote:
I am using Excel 2003.
I have column A with customer names. * Data in columns B, C ..... relate to
the customer.The customer name is entered only once with blanks below it
until the customer name changes. I want to fill the customer name into the
blank cells below it.

I have tried selecting column A, Then F5 special blanks.
In first active cell, I enter = and select the customer name above it.
Then CNTL + ENTER.
This enters =celladdress of first active cell into ALL the blanks and
obviously doesn't work. *

Can anyone advise?