Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Button Disappear From Quick Access Toolbar

Seems that SP2 is the problem Ted
The good news is that the beta of 2010 not have this problem.

I hope there is a fix soon

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ted M H" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron and flashrabbit,

I'm also experiencing this problem, but I need to have 6 - 7 macro icons on
the workbook's QAT. It's really tedious to have to edit the XML file for
every QAT button that I add.

Is there a known cause of this problem? I was able to save my file xlms
files with custom qat buttons in the past, but now I'm having this problem.
Any suggestions to either prevent the problem or to make it a little easier
to edit the xml file?

Many thanks.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi flashrabbit

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qatbuttonbug.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"flashrabbit" wrote in message ...
I've used the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) for a long while without a problem.
Two days ago I added another button to access a macro. The button adds just
fine and runs as it should. The problem is that when I close the workbook and
open it again, all my customized buttons disappear -- and not just the new
one I added. The macros are still available, but in order to launch them from
the QAT, I have to re-customize the toolbar. And the buttons only stick
around for that session. If I save and close the workbook, the next time I
open it the buttons are gone again.

This only occurs if I customize the QAT for just the one workbook. If I
customize for "all documents" instead, then the buttons never disappear. I'd
rather not have the button show up for all my Excel files, but it's the only
work-around I can figure out so far.

Any ideas?

I've browsed the Internet for a one, but can't find anything. One suggestion
had been to edit my customUI.xml file. I looked on my computer, and I don't
even have one. Nor do I have an XLB file. Those were the only leads I found,
which turned out to be dead-ends for me.