Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Conditional format and multiple variables

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jmcclain" wrote in message
THANK YOU so much...

Not only did this correct the current problem, but I now understand the
syntax of these arguments...

Again - much appreciation.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Ok, Try these:

J4
Formula Is:
=AND(J4<"",J4=MIN(J4:R4))

K4:R4
Formula Is:
=AND(K4<"",K4=MIN($J4:$R4))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jmcclain" wrote in message
Thanks very much - but it isn't working exactly as I need.

Assuming data range is k4:R4, I need it to only shade the lowest
value(s)
if
the value is less than the value in J4. If no value in the range is <=
K4, then shade K4.

Any help is appreciated...

"T. Valko" wrote:

shade J if the price is less than or equal to
any of the values in K through R.

Are you sure you didn't mean less than or equal to *all* of the other
values?

Here's how to do it for *any*:

Assume your data is in the range J2:R10

Select the range J2:J10
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =COUNTIF(K2:R2,"="&J2)0
Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

Select the range K2:R10
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =AND(K2<"",K2=$J2)
Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jmcclain" wrote in message
I have a simple spreadsheet with a value in column J (our price).
Columns
through R are the prices our competitors charge for the item. I
need
compare column J to the others and shade J if the price is less than
or
equal
to any of the values in K through R.

In addition, I need to shade any value in K through R if it equals
J.

One possible hitch, column J is driven by column F (formula in J is
"=f4)
etc..

Any help would be appreciated. I have read the sections in my Excel
2003
guide on conditional formatting, but not having much luck.

Thanks,

Jon

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.