Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
B. R.Ramachandran

Default how do I calculate rent over time with interest increase included

Hi,

Assuming that there will be a constant precent increase in rent every year,

Future rent = Current rent * (1+percent increase/100)^(number of years later)

(e.g.,) if the current rent is $1000, and there will a 5% increase every year,
the rent three years later will be,

1000*(1+5/100)^3

SO, if the current rent is in A1, % increase is in B1, the number of years
after this year is in C1, in D1 enter the formula,
=A1*(1+B1/100)^C1

However, if you are calling the current year "Year 1" and you want to
calculate the rent during "Year N",

Rent during Nth year = Rent during 1st year *(1+percent increase/100)^(N-1)

Hope this helps,
Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

If the rent for the current year is in

"MarcApril" wrote:

What is the Excel formula to calculate what my rent would be in future years
when a percentage rate increase is added each year ?