Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Format or function to turn a number into text.

As you have a specific (small) range of numbers, you could do it like
this:

=IF(AND(A1=0,A1<=12),CHOOSE(A1,"One","Two","Three ","Four","Five","Six","Seven","Eight","Nine","Ten" ,"Eleven","Twelve"),"")

Checks that your number in A1 is valid, then returns the word - put it
in B1.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 5, 8:55 pm, Chad wrote:
I have a formula that spits out a simple number from 1-12, I need that number
to be expressed as a word (one, two, etc.) instead of the actual number. I
assume there is either a format or a function that I can use that will
convert the number for me, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any
suggestions?

Thanks