Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default formula to find "missing" data

Another play using simple n fast non-array formulas

Assuming data in cols A and B, from row 2 down
In C2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(COUNTIF(B:B,A2),"",ROWS($1:1)))
Leave C1 blank

In D2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT(C:C),"",INDEX(A:A,SMALL(C:C,R OWS($1:1))+1))
Copy C2:D2 down to the last row of data expected in col A, eg down to D1000?
Minimize/hide col C. Col D will return the list of items in col A not found
in col B, with results all neatly packed at the top
--
Max
Singapore
"LEG" wrote:
I am looking for a formula that can:
I have a list of (nearly) identical numbers in two columns. In one column
there are 100 numbers and in column 2 there are 90 numbers. Is there a
formula or macro which can find the 10 numbers which are in column 1, but not
in column 2 and list them in at third column?
I am testing two databases that should have the same data, but doesn't. I
have the 2007 version of Excel.
LEG