Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Ryan Bob Ryan is offline

Default Auto insert sheetname into chart title?

Gord - I learned something new, so thank you. However, i couldn't get
what you described to work. I can make the chart title equal to the cell
containing the sheet name, but I wasn't able to add the text as you
described. Any ideas?

On 5/8/2010 10:19 PM, Gord Dibben wrote:
Get the sheetname into a cell in the worksheet using a FORMULA.

e.g. pick G1

In G1 enter this formula exactly as written.

=MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)

That returns the sheetname to G1

Then make your chart title a formula ="Total Income for "& G1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 8 May 2010 22:26:43 +0100, Ian wrote:

Hi

I'm using Excel 2003

I have several charts on a worksheet.

At the end of each month I copy the sheet to become the first worksheet
in the workbook, delete the data and rename the sheet for the following
month.

All my charts have a chart title e.g "Total income for April 2010". The
sheetname is April 2010. When I copy this sheet to become "May 2010" I
then have to manually edit all the chart titles on that sheet.

I wondered if there is a way to reference the sheetname in the chart
title so that when I rename the sheet the chart titles automatically
update.

Thanks for your time.

Ian

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.