Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Where do I find greek symbols such as theta?

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:16:11 -0800, "eaterofcheese"
wrote:

I am attempting to locate the symbol that can be used to decribe an unknown
angle in a triangle, in this case I am trying to use lower case theta. I have
tried using insert then symbol yet cannot locate what I want.

Select where you wish to insert the symbol.

Then:

Insert/Symbol

Select a font that has the extended Unicode characters. Try your default font
first, but the Arial fonts have them, as do many others.

In the lower right hand corner, in the **from:** dialog box, select
Unicode(hex).

In the character code box, enter 3B8. That should bring up the lower case
theta if it is present in your selected font.

Then Insert.

--ron