Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Divide a range of cells by a number

hi
you didn't say how the range was layed out ie solid, broken, column, row
one way....
=SUM(D3:D7)/60 for a solid block in a column.
another....
=SUM(D3+D5+D7)/60 for broken in a column Note: use this if you have other
number between. if letters between then you can use the first formula
and another....
=sum(D3+D5+C7+r29)/60 for scattered. see note at formula 2.

lots of variations too.

Regards
FSt1

"Kate" wrote:

Hello,

I am entering minutes volunteered across a series of classrooms and dates -
for example, I worked 55 minutes with one class, 85 with another, etc. I want
to divide all these cells by 60 to get a decimal version of hours worked
(this will be cumulative over the next 6 weeks).

Could someone please tell me how to divide a range of cells by one number
(in this case, 60)?

Thank you!