Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveC

Default If Match Part of Text Within Cell, Then Blank

Hi,

I'm trying to create an if statement, with no luck.

Col A Col B Col F
Apples value nanas
Bannanas wackos
Coconuts value

Formulas in Col B:
If any of the text in Col A matches another cell with "nanas" or "wackos" in
it (in this case F1 and F2), then leave the cell blank, otherwise X. X being
another formula that returns some random value.

Essentially I'm trying to create a reference list in column F, for as many
references as possible, maybe up to 20, so if any of the values in col A
match any of the text strings in column F, it leaves the cell blank.

I tried, couldn't do it. Saw something with =Countif(A1,"*nanas*") but
couldn't adjust it.

Thanks very much.