Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carlos Antenna

Default Can vlookup be used to search in more than one worksheet?

You can look in more than one sheet by nesting IF statements and testing for
errors, but IFs can only be nested to seven levels. This is no help in your
present situation but for future reference you should get the idea from
this:

=IF(isna(vlookup(sheet1 range)),IF(isna(vlookup(sheet2
range),"",vlookup(sheet1 range)))

--
Carlos

"Rufus T Firefly" <Rufus T wrote in
message ...
I have a workbook containing 12 worksheets (1 per month), each contain a
table of 6 columns x 300 rows. There are drop downlists in three columns
and
i would like to create a printable report using vlookup to return data
into a
thirteenth worksheet.

So in short, I would like to enter a search criteria in sheet 13 that
searches the other 12 worksheets and returns the required value.

I know you can use vlookup to return values found in another worksheet but
cannot get the formula to work when asking the vlookup to search 12 sheets
at
once.

Am I right in thinking it cannot be done?

Rufus T.