Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Is It Possible To Make A Cell Blink..

Hi Darno
yes it is possible but only with code. But I strongly recommend not to
do this :-)
- You can't do anything else while the cell blinks (as the macro runs
constantly)
- Blinking cells have nothing to do with spreadsheets ;-)

------
Dim Nexttime
Sub Flash()
NextTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
If ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").va lue = 1 then
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Fo nt
If .ColorIndex = 2 Then .ColorIndex = 3 Else .ColorIndex = 2
End With
end if
Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash"
End Sub

Sub StopIt()
Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash", schedule:=False
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Tabelle3").Range("A1"). Font.ColorIndex =
xlAutomatic
End Sub

-----

The first macro makes cell A1 blink every second if the value of A1 =
1. The second macro stops the blinking
P.S.: please turn off your Caps Lock in your posts - Makes it difficult
to read and all uper case is considered as shouting in NG

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

I AM LOOKING FOR A CODE OR FORMULA TO MAKE A WORKSHEET CELL BLINK OR
REVERSE VIDEO IF A CERTAIN CONDITION IS FULFILLED. IN CONDITIONAL
FORMATTING I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING LIKE THIS. I AM WONDERING IF

THIS
COULD BE ACHIEVEABLE THROUGH VBA CODE.

REGARDS,

DARNO