Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
blkane blkane is offline

Default How to sum a column with errors

Peo,

Thanks, I was reading some other threads at the same time you posted. I
knew there had to be a way. I'm going to go with the ISNA function. This
series of functions is new to me but I plan to use them more in the future.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Best way

change the vlookup formula to

=IF(ISNA(Vlookup_formula)),0,vlookup_formula)

that way you will get 0 instead of #N/A

otherwise

=SUMIF(Range,"<#N/A")

will sum the non error values

Peo Sjoblom

"blkane" wrote in message
I have a column where the cells contain a vlookup formula for an exact
match
only. If there is no match, the value N/A# is returned. However, I would
like to be able to sum the values that the vlookup does find.

How do you write the formula so that instead of returning N/A# it returns
zero or blank if the vlookup can't find a match?

Thanks