Bob Phillips

"chris w" wrote in message
link dosent work.

Try this

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...texcel2000.asp

but I have run into a glitch with this function, kinda,

What this tool is doing is I have a button that runs a macro to update

links
to the sheet and makes a change to the cell "I7" so "J7" shows when the
update macro was run and I want "L7" to show who ran the update. Using
author, it puts my name in regardless of who (which computer) has the

sheet
open. I have another cell that shows who the last author is, but last

author
dosent work unless the person saves the sheet before running the update.

I suppose I can have as part of the macro to save sheet?

No need. I should have thought of that when I was writing it. Updated
version

Private Sub Worksheet_change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("I7")) Is Nothing Then
Range("J7") = Now
Range("L7").Value = Environ("username")

Bob