Kacee

Thanks for the reply,

Will this work on a scatter graph, as again I still get the 123456......

"John Mansfield" wrote:

Kacee,

If you are using Excel 2000 or higher, as an example try setting you data up
like this (this example assumes "2000" is in cell A2 and the title "Data" is
in cell C1):

Data
2000 1 5
2 4
3 5
4 6
2001 1 7
2 6
3 5
4 4

Make sure that the years in column A and the quarters in column B are
formatted as text.

A further explanation can be found he

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...ory_groupings/

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Kacee" wrote:

Hi,

I have a chart that I want to show both the quarters and years so that I
have 1234123412341234 with the corresponding year below each group.

At the moment it is just showing 123456789101112. Any ideas of how this
could be done