Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default How to plot a normal distribution - Bell curve

1) Get the mean using the average function of your data
2) Get the standard deviation of your data using stdev function
3) Add new column with normal() function
a) column B will be the first parameter X.
b) Average will be the mean
c) Standard Dev is from 2 above
d) cumulative will be FALSE.

4) Plot columns b and c as a scatter plot.

NORMDIST(x,mean,standard_dev,cumulative)

"edvwvw via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Have a look he

http://www.statsoft.com/textbook/std...tml#log-normal

edvwvw

Sebastien wrote:
I have the daily volatility of Brent crude over the last year. So my column
A is the date, and column B is the volatility. I have around 300 datapoints.

I want to fit these datapoints in a normal distribution plot to see the
"Bell curve" shape.
How can I do this?