Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gilles Desjardins Gilles Desjardins is offline

Default How do I perform a global change within/across Excel workbooks?

You can do desktop publishing with Word.

"wilytdbear" wrote in message
We are attempting to use MS Excel 2000 as a desktop publishing program. I
am
the new tech writer assigned to make this thing work and am having
problems
with pagination, global changes when revisions are made (revision number
on
the bottom of each page, for example) and size of some files (we are
importing hi-resolution photos from Adobe Illustrator into boxes placed on
an
Excel template sheet). Is there an object-linking (OLE) tool in this
version
of Excel or newer versions so I can reduce file size? Finally, is there a
better Office product on which to perform these miracles? I know
traditional
desktop publishing software (like FramMaker, Quark, Ventura) are
preferable
but that would be a hard sell in this environment. Thanks for any help you
can provide!! -Lon Schwartz