Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default insert a paragraph break within text in a singel cell?

Julie

Just don't try to get too much text into a cell.

You can enter up to 32,767 characters in a cell but only 1024 will be visible or
printed.

Add an ALT + ENTER every 100 chars to increase the 1024 limit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 06:14:02 -0700, Julie
wrote:

AWESOME...thank you so much! Have a great day!

"Kevin B" wrote:

Press Alt+Enter to insert a new line withing a single cell.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Julie" wrote:

I am trying to enter text in an excel spreadsheet. The text has multiple
paragraphs. I would like to have all text from one section in one cell and
not enter new paragraphs in multiple cells. Are there any manual commands I
can enter to perform this action?