Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eric Eric is offline

Default How to skip the blank cells for calculating StdDev?

Does anyone know how to skip the blank cells for calculating StdDev?
such as, there are a set of data in each cell under colume A, the number of
row will keep changing, but the maximum row of data is 600, so I input the
formula in as following
A601 cell =StdDev(A1:A600,count(A1:A600),0), if the number of data is 600,
then it will be corrected, but if the number of data is 60 only, then the
result is 0.
However, if I change the code as following StdDev(A1:A60,count(A1:A60),0),
then I receive 81 as the result. Does StdDev count the blank cell as a 0
value for following coding StdDev(A1:A600,count(A1:A600),0)? so the result is
0.