Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Copy Tab function not working

"Curt" wrote in message
For some reason, the copy tab function is not working for me. I can move
Tabs, but when I highlight the tab(s) and select "copy", nothing happens.

Suggestions?

If you've clicked on a worksheet's tab & selected "copy", then it should
have placed a copy of the currently selected cell or cells from that
worksheet into the clipboard, from which you can paste into another
worksheet (or elsewhere on that worksheet, or into another Windows
application). [You'll get an animated moving border around the cells that
have been copied, & you can clear that with the Escape key.] That's what
"copy" does, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by "nothing happens".

If you want to copy the whole worksheet, then the function you want is "Move
or Copy Sheet" (from the Edit menu, or by right-clicking the worksheet tab).

Did you try putting "copy tab" into Excel's help?
--
David Biddulph