Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] israel.a.juarez@andrew.com is offline

Default how can I auto refresh pivot table with sheet protection

i have one sheet, in that sheet i have the data and the pivot table.

the data will come from some scanner in determinate range of cells ( for
example: data:C5:E150), every time that the operator use the scanner to read
the bar code it will appear in that specific range in that sheet .

And I want that the pivot do the autorefresh, everytime, all that I
mentioned in the first paragraph I'm ok, and I can do that, but I don't want
that the operator by error use another cell that doesn't belong to the range
C5:E150 (Data), for that reason i want to protect the whole cells, except for
that specific range C5:E150 and also I want that this protection will allow
the autorefresh in the pivot table every time that the operator use the
scanner, actually if I activete the sheet protection the pivot doesn't auto
refresh and also it shows me an error

The reason to this is because I have another file that take information from
this pivot table, that other file show me the remaining of production and I
want to have the real information every time that i open the second file
(production remaining).

I hope this explanation can help, and please remember that you are talking
with somebody that don't know nothing about codes.

thanks and best regards