Peo Sjoblom

Default Getting Excel to Calculate All Combinations of a Set of Data?

Go to google.com and look up excel and permutations

Peo Sjoblom

"marello" wrote in
message ...

I only have a very very basic knowledge of Excel so I hope I make enough
sense!

Anyway I've found myself having to use a spreadsheet to calculate some
acoustics problems, (problematic frequencies, called modes, in orders
ranging from 0,1,2,3....).

Ideally what I want to be able to do is simply to get Excell to
calculate all the possible combinations of these modes.

A combination could be:
000
011
101
110
111
012
143
etc.

Obviously this is a nightmare to input by hand, is there any kind of
function I can use to help with this process?

Also these frequencies only need to be calculated up to a certain
point, so is it possible I could also instruct the cell to only display
a value if it is less than a value in another cell?

Many thanks, I hope I haven't been too confusing!

--
marello
marello's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482262