Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Count rows with specific attributes in VBA

Explain the limitations that SUMIF has, it is a better solution.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steve Newhouse" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I need to create a function that lets me pass in a range and a value
that will iterate through all the rows in the range, check a specific
column in each row for a specific value, and if it exists, add 1 to a
counter. I want to do this in VBA, NOT using "SUM(IF" or "COUNTIF("
etc because these have limitations that don't work for me.

So something like this:

Foo(A1:A200, "matchVal")

Where A1:A200 is the range (really the range of ROWS) to check and
"matchVal" is the value to match on in whatever the column is that I
specify within the code of the Foo function.

Basically, I do not know how to, while iterating through cells in a
Range, access a particular column and check it for a specific value.
Can someone help?

Thanks,

Steve