Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Hide Drop Down Arrows in Table Headers

Hi Steve

As far as I am aware, there is no setting for this.
The following code will switch the arrows off. Similar code with the
attribute set to True will switch them back on

Sub HideArrows()
Dim c As Range
Dim i As Integer
i = Cells(1, 1).End(xlToRight).Column
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each c In Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, i))
c.AutoFilter Field:=c.Column, visibledropdown:= False
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards
Roger Govier

"Steve Haack" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2007. I select a range and define it as a table. Excel
puts
drop down arrows on the column headers.

Is there any way to hide the drop downs, and still keep the range as a
table?

Steve