Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Textbox mask for textboxes in my Userform (Excel 2007)

Use ISDATE to validae the date. Build a sring like I did below. I hardcoded
a string to give you an idea how to do this. You can also read the string
from a text box like the code Icommented out below.

Do

'datestr = textbox1.value
datestr = "1302"
MyDate = Left(datestr, 2) & "/" & Mid(datestr, 2, 2) & "/" & Year(Date)
If IsDate(MyDate) Then
Exit Do
Else
MsgBox ("Bad Date - Enter Date again")
End If

Loop

"Webtechie" wrote:

Hello,

I need my users to input a two character day and two character month for the
date (I don't need the year). I can give a default year if need be.

I don't see the masked edit control in Excel 2007.

How do you control how data is keyed in the textboxes of the userforms?

Thanks.