Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Create Registration Form

Well, as a start, you'd make three tables at least.

First table has names and any descriptive info you'd want included -
address, phone #, etc.

Second table would have area of expertise and, perhaps a number system to
assign to different courses.

Then, third table has your numbers and courses, required optional and the lot.

So, expertise in, say, phys ed is asigned a value of 3, courses related to
phys ed would have values of 3 assigned as well. This is your key.

Then, your form would request an input of names, select expertise from a
drop-down. Once picked, a query searches for the associated value in the
course list and you have a combo box that allows you to pick multiple
required and/or optional corses.

Save all of this into a fourth table, so in the end you have name, info,
expertise, course name down the rows.

May be somethign to just start building from the ground up and see how it
looks.
"Di_W" wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried searching online. It was very
cumbersome and I found nothing specific to my situation. I also was unable
to determine from the tutorial descriptions whether it would cover this area.

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Sounds like this may be best in Access since you'll probably get everything
you'll want in one place.. reporting and such, but can be done using Forms in
Excel.

there's a lot of possible ideas based on the below description. Definitely
want the first selection to filter the second list.

I'm sure other have links to all kinds of tutorials to make almost any form
you could imagine. You can always do a Google search as well, or just browse
through the templates you have.

"Di_W" wrote:

I work for a non-profit company in the education field. I need to create a
registration form for about 100 of our field staff who are located across the
US. They will register for required, optional and self-study (at home study)
classes. The classes offered will be in their area of expertise (elem school
reading, middle school math, bi-lingual reading, etc). So, we don't want a
staff member registering for a middle school math class if their area of
expertice is in elementary school reading. I was wondering 1) is Excel the
program I should use and if not any suggestions; 2) is there a specific
tutorial someone can suggest; 3) a template I might use; and/or 4) are there
any suggestions at all?
I will be forever grateful for your help!