Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default How do I border a bottom half of a cell in excel

I'm afraid that Santa only has coal for your stocking this year. If you're
using any version of Excel before 2007, the answer to both questions is no.

Even with 2007, splitting cells in a column (to get that different column at
C32 to C34 without new cells above/below that range) is not possible. You
could achieve the appearance of such by merging cell-pairs in columns C:D
from C1:D1 to C31:D31 and below C34:D34, but merging cells is not something I
recommend you use without thinking about it befo merging cells creates
associated problems at times.

I don't have 2007 on this machine (and I'm away from home, so no 2007 system
available right now) so I'm not sure what you could do in it, if anything, to
achieve a partially bordered appearance in cells. Remember that you can just
border a single edge of a cell, such as the bottom of it/them only in any
version of Excel.

"Matsnake" wrote:

I would like to know if there is a way to broder a partial edge of a cell. or
if I can add another column with out all of the cells in that Column. For
example. Can I add another columbn fomr C32 to C34?