Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default Vlookup return most recent date (value)

Starting in D1 I have a column of unique IDs - made with Advanced Filter
In E1 I used this array formula =MAX(IF(A:A=D1,B:B))
(Array formula - so complete it with CTR+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER)
You will need to format the cell as Date otherwise it will display the
5-digit serial number of the date
Copy down the column
If you use ranges, make use you use absolute references as in
=MAX(IF($A$1:$A$100=D1,$B$100:$B1$100))
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ryanholliday" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a set of data where Column A contains an personal ID# (001).
Column
B contains a timestamp. My table has multiple entries for each ID# and
different timestamps for each entry. I want to use a vlookup to find the
MOST RECENT timestamp for EACH ID. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan