Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default how do I extract the last three digits from each cell in column?

A1 = text program 001

Your formulas return 1.

If you want the number extracted as a numeric number and to retain the 3
digit format then you'll have to use a custom number format like 000 to
display the leading 0s. Note that when doing this the leading 0s are for
display purposes only. The true value of the cell will be numeric 1.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
To extract that as a number instead of text; try

=--RIGHT(A1,3)

or

=VALUE(RIGHT(A1,3))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"PeggyT" wrote:

I am using excel 2007. Each cell in a column contain varied length of
data
but ends with "Program ###". I would like to extract ### into an
adjacent
column for all cells in the first column.
Thanks!
PeggyT