Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Median of column I if column A numbers match

Something similar to this array* function:

=MEDIAN(IF(A2:A200=1234,B2:B200))

*Array formulas must be confirmed using Ctlr+Shift+Enter, not just Enter.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Abbey Co." wrote:

I'm using the 2007 version of Excel. I have a worksheet with 13,000 lines of
data. Column A is titled ITEM and column I is titled PRICE. I need to find
the Median number of column I when the numbers in column A are the same. I
have 2000 unique ITEM numbers. When the ITEM number in several rows match, I
need a formula to find the Median value of the PRICE.

So if A2, A3, A4 ... A20, and A21 all have the same ITEM number, then I need
the formula to find the Median number of I2, I3, I4 ... I20, and I21.

I've messed around with IF functions and can't seem to get it to work.
Thank you in advance for your help.