Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how do I find and replace within a selection in Excel 2007?

I bet you're clicking the "Find All" button first (to verify what cells should
be changed before the actual change).

When you do that, you're changing the selection to just a single cell. Move
that dialog box if you can't see the current selection.

You'll want to stop verifying or you'll want to reselect the range to change
before you do the actual replace.

geoff wrote:

I'm used to doing this without a thought in earlier versions of Excel, but I
was recently upgraded to 2007, and I can't for the life of me figure it out.
every time I do a replace all with a group of cells selected, it replaces all
in the entire worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson