Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Calculating Total Return

Use SUMPRODUCT. Here is a link to a very similar question asked
yesterday in another group:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...74cf4bc56b298a

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 22, 1:12*am, TimH wrote:
I have a series of monthly returns (%) for an investment portfolio (let's
call them x,y and z). *I would like to convert them to a total return (TR)
such that TR=(1+x)*(1+y)*(1+z)-1. *But there are a lot of them and I dont
want to have to type such a gigantic formula. *Also, I would like it to be
maleable, so that I can select a range (say the last 3 yrs of monthly
returns) to get the TR and then simply expand the selection to get the TR of
the last 5 yrs of monthly returns. *Any ideas?