Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default formula to find "missing" data

Another play using simple n fast non-array formulas

Assuming data in cols A and B, from row 2 down
In C2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(COUNTIF(B:B,A2),"",ROWS($1:1)))
Leave C1 blank

In D2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT(C:C),"",INDEX(A:A,SMALL(C:C,R OWS($1:1))+1))
Copy C2:D2 down to the last row of data expected in col A, eg down to D1000?
Minimize/hide col C. Col D will return the list of items in col A not found
in col B, with results all neatly packed at the top
--
Max
Singapore
"LEG" wrote:
I am looking for a formula that can:
I have a list of (nearly) identical numbers in two columns. In one column
there are 100 numbers and in column 2 there are 90 numbers. Is there a
formula or macro which can find the 10 numbers which are in column 1, but not
in column 2 and list them in at third column?
I am testing two databases that should have the same data, but doesn't. I
have the 2007 version of Excel.
LEG

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.