Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Is It Possible To Make A Cell Blink..

Hi Norman
also quite beautiful <vbg
Hopefully MS never decides to implement blinking is a major feature
enhancement ;-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Norman Harker wrote:
Hi Darno!

This is one of those features that that we have not yet been blessed
with in any version of Excel.

But here is some code that is really nasty:

Dim n As Integer
Dim NextTime As Date
If Range("MyFlashCell").Value 7 Then
For n = 1 To 5
With Range("MyFlashCell").Font
If .ColorIndex = 2 Then .ColorIndex = 3 Else .ColorIndex = 2
End With
With Range("MyFlashCell").Interior
If .ColorIndex = 3 Then .ColorIndex = 2 Else .ColorIndex = 3
End With
Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
Next
End If
With Range("MyFlashCell")
.Font.ColorIndex = 3
.Interior.ColorIndex = 2
End With
End Sub

It goes in the Sheet module, it sucks processing time and creates a
delay of 5 seconds on every recalculation if MyFlashCell exceeds the
value of 7.

Don't blame me if co-workers perform surgical operations on you
without anaesthetic.

I AM LOOKING FOR A CODE OR FORMULA TO MAKE A WORKSHEET CELL BLINK OR
REVERSE VIDEO IF A CERTAIN CONDITION IS FULFILLED. IN CONDITIONAL
FORMATTING I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING LIKE THIS. I AM WONDERING IF
THIS COULD BE ACHIEVEABLE THROUGH VBA CODE.

REGARDS,

DARNO

---