Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default SUMIF using 2 cells that equal each other

You almost had it, try this

=SUMIF(A2:A5001,C2,D2:D5001)
--
Mike

question.

"wormburner" wrote:

I am using SUMIF to add cells in a column but the criteria I want to use is
add the cell only if the criteria equals another cell. I do not want to enter
the actual variable of the cell as it changes for each row of column C.

As an example: =SUMIF('A2:A5001,"C2",D2:D5001) where "C2" equals a variable
that can change.

Is there any function I can use for the variable?