Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Hide ribbon or menu bar in Excel 2007

Jim,
MS has already started asking around about killing off xl4 macros.
Maybe toolbar/ribbon control is one of the reasons?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Jim Rech"
wrote in message
This totally hides/shows the ribbon:

Sub HideRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
End Sub

Sub ShowRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",True)"
End Sub

This is probably an oversight by MS since the VBA equivalent does not hide
the ribbon. Now that it's public it may not survive the first SP.

You'd still need to run your code to kill the various context (right-click)
menus.

--
Jim
"Shahin.H"

wrote in message
| Hi everybody,
| Does anybody know how to hide ribbon or menu bar in Excel 2007 using VBA
code?
| I applied following solution:
|
| Dim iCounter As Integer
| For iCounter = 1 To CommandBars.Count
| Application.CommandBars(iCounter).Enabled = False
| Next

| This code works in Excel 2003, however it does not work in Excel 2007?|
| I would be very grateful if anybody could help me.|