Karl Burrows

If you put a "$" before any cell reference, it will "freeze" the formula
value. So, if your formula references cell G5, you can use $G5 to freeze
the column or G$5 to freeze the row or $G$5 to freeze the entire cell
reference.

"Al N" <Al wrote in message
I have created an Excel worksheet which I update with new values each day
(golf scores). I keep the last 10 scores but want an average of the last 5
scores. How can I move the data one column to the left and not change the
averaging formula so that when I post the new score it still uses the
original formula (sum of G5 to K5 devided by 5).