Bob Phillips

Did you put the code in a normal code module, not a sheet module?

--

HTH

RP

"Randy" wrote in message
Sorry I gave you the wrong reference i used this link to find a formula

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

"Randy" wrote:

Thanks bob,

i tried that but get a #NAME? error.

I took the forumal at the site you sent and set up for my sheet as below

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(C7:Z7)=3))

Any suggestion on what I may have done wrong?

Thanks
Randy
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Randy,

There is a counting solution at

http://xldynamic.com/xld.ColourCounter.html
which counts coloured cells. If you mean shaded as in pattern, it

could be
amended to that as well.

--

HTH

RP

"Randy" wrote in message
I have built a scheduling templet and would like to be able to count

the
number of cells that shaded. Where shaded cells represent hours

worked.
Any
ideas?