Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Steveal Steveal is offline

Default Comma Style Question

Thank you both.

Steve

On Jul 6, 12:43*pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
You can change the Comma style:

Format|Style (in xl2003 menus)
or
Home tab|Style group|Cell Styles icon (on the xl2007 ribbon)

Change the comma style to what you want.

These styles live in workbooks. *It's not an excel setting. *So every existing
file needs to have thing changed (if you want).

If you want this style for new workbooks, you can create a new workbook, save it
as book.xlt (a template file) in the XLStart folder.

A new workbook will be created based on this workbook when you click on the New
Icon on the standard toolbar.

Steveal wrote:

When I format a cell using the "Comma Style" toolbar button, I get 2
decimal places shown along with the comma separated thousands.

Is it possible to change the 2 decimal places? Whenever I use the
button, I always want my numbers displayed as comma separated
thousands with NO decimal places.

--

Dave Peterson