Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default How do I delete hidden character in Excel?

Try a macro

Sub RemApostrophe()
Dim Rng As Range
Dim myCell As Range
Set Rng = Selection
For Each myCell In Rng.Cells
myCell.Value = myCell.Value
Next myCell
End Sub

press Alt + F11, click insertmodule and paste in the above, press Alt + Q

select the range and press Alt + F8 and double click the macro name

I don't think CLEAN will fix an apostrophe
Another way might be to select the column, do datatext to column and press
finish

Peo Sjoblom

"Isa" wrote in message
I have exported a table from Access 2000 to Excel 2000.
However, all the fields have a hidden character in front which is '
I am unable to do any formulas as it doesn't recognise it as a number but
has the number format.
I can't get rid of it when doing a search and replace either.
Can you help?

Thanks.