Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default Chart with three variables

The download link didn't work. ("Invalid Attachment specified", whatever
that means.)

You have three columns, X, Y, and Z. I described the arrangement of the
pivot table in my previous post in this thread.

To create a regular chart from a pivot table, select a blank cell outside
the pivot table, and start the chart wizard. In step 1, select the chart
type. In step 2, click on the Series tab, then add each series individually,
defining the Name (column header in the PT), X Values (left column in the
PT), and Y Values (data column in the PT).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"glasbergenm"
wrote in message

Dear Jon,

I don't see how I can use the pivot table to create the graph. I've put
the data and a hand-made example for a part of the file as an attachment
to this message. I hope this gives a better understanding of what I
need.

|Filename: Clipboard.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4288 |

glasbergenm