Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_654_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_654_] is offline

Default change regular 24 hour format to military time in excel

To get all zeroes means you are entering the numbers for you time without
the colon. Your subject line said you wanted to "change regular 24 hour
format to military time"... I assumed you meant that your entries would be
"real time values", that is, with colons in them (and that the Custom Format
would change them to look like you wanted). If you want, or are doing,
something different than that, you need to tell us what it is.

Rick

"kidsmeasy" wrote in message
I tried the format but when I input the time and then tab to the next cell
the numbers turn to all zeros.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

If you mean leading zeroes and without the colon, then Custom Format the
cell with hhmm.

Rick

"kidsmeasy" wrote in message
I am trying to create a format for military time in excel