Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jrf Jrf is offline

Default Formula to calulate the weighted average

I need some help on a spreadsheet I am working on. I am suppose to use
absolute cell references to calculate the overall total for four exams by
using the four weights found in a different cell range. As follows:

Exam 1 weight 20% cell C/8
Exam 2 weight 20% cell C/9
Exam 3 weight 20% cell C/10
Final Exam weight40% cell C/11

Cell B/17 Cell C/17 Cell D/17 Cell E/17
Cell F/17
Student I exam I 84.0 exam 2 80.0 exam 3 83.0 exam final exam 72.0 overall
total

It states in Cell F17 enter a formula to calculate the weigted average of
the first student's four exams. Use the weights found in the range C8:C11,
matching each weight with the corresponding exam score. Use absolute cell
references for the four weights....

HELP!!! I have no clue what to do here