Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Accidentally closed file without saving

I thought that excel would do its work based on whether there was a file by that
name in the autorecovery file. If the file wasn't deleted, then excel would see
it and offer to recover it.

But there must be other things at work. I put a couple of files in that folder
using that naming convention and xl didn't see them as files that should be
recovered.

Gord Dibben wrote:

Why would user be presented with a file to recover if the file was closed by
user and Excel did not crash?

Gord

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 06:52:01 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

If that file isn't deleted (I bet it was), then the next time the user opens
excel, excel will notice it and offer to open this recovered file.

--

Dave Peterson