Jon777 Jon777 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyson2004 View Post
I have a very large wotkbook 10MB and want to find out how I can reduce it
and also find out the size of each worksheet within the workbook to see if
there is anything I can do to reduce the size of each worksheet. I use many
vlookup , if formauls in the workbook

I have had this problem. A common cause of a bloated workbook is the creation of a lot of empty rows at the bottom of one sheet. For example a reformat that selects all 100,000+ rows in a column might do this.

My solution: Go to each worksheet. Go to the last desired row (you can even add a buffer. Select all cells or all rows beneath that and delete the rows. Often when you get to the offending sheet you get a pop-up warning that there is not enough memory, but you can continue as long as you agree that the "undo" won't be possible. In a recent case after I cleaned up the offending worksheet, my file shrank from 40MB to 0.276MB (an excel 2007 file).

This was much faster than trying to keep resaving the 40MB file after a sheet is deleted.