Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current da

If this these are real numbers - you need to do an arithmetic operation on
them-
enter 97800000000 in an empty cell; copy it; select the cells of interest;
use Edit Paste Special with Add checked; deete the cell with 97800000000

If the 'numbers' are things like account 'numbers': use formula
=TEXT("978","###")&TEXT(A1,"#######"); copy down the column next to the cell
of interest; now use Copy followed by Edit Paste Special with Values
checked to convert fromulas to values. Now you can delete the original values.

best wsihes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Maggie" wrote:

I'll be a bit more specific. I want to know if there is a way of adding the
same data to multiple cells that already have data without changing the
existing data in the cell. For example if I have a number 07165489 I want to
be able to add to the front of it 978. I want to do the same thing to
multiple cells

Thank you.

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.