Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter

Default Chart with three variables

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Jon Peltier said:

The download link didn't work. ("Invalid Attachment specified", whatever
that means.)

Jon, click on the "view this thread" link instead, and then click on
"Clipboard.jpg" from the page that comes up, or "example.zip" to
download the sample dataset.

I don't see how I can use the pivot table to create the graph. I've put
the data and a hand-made example for a part of the file as an attachment
to this message. I hope this gives a better understanding of what I
need.

It looks to me like what you're describing is a contour, or surface,
chart. Excel does those. You may then have to manually trace the
contours onto separate graphs if you wanted, but I can't see why you'd
want to: the contour chart shows them all elegantly in one.

However, I failed to get the chart wizard to build a surface chart
straight from a pivot chart, because the grey buttons confused the
wizard, so I had to create a whole extra table that just duplicated the
pivot chart without the "B" and "POC" etc. That let me produce
something showing the X and Y axes with realistic scales.

See if this helps:

http://www.branta.demon.co.uk/science/example2.xls

--
Del Cotter