Dave Peterson

I'd change the formulas to text, copy, then fix the formulas.

Select all the cells (Ctrl-a, twice in xl2003)
edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: $$$$$= (unique string)
replace all

Copy that sheet full of text strings to the new workbook.

Edit|Replace
what: $$$$$=
with: =
in both worksheets.

===
Alternatively, copy like you did
and then edit|links|change source
may work nicely for you.

GRIFFO wrote:

How do you copy a workSHEET from one workBOOK to another workBOOK, without
the absolute references to the original workBOOK being contained in the
formulas, AND keep the original formatting of the workSHEET.

That is, it seems to insert [original_workbookname] in front of my formuals,
and thus is creating a link between the two workBOOKs. I dont want a link, I
just want to copy the formulas as they are, and the formatting from one
workBOOK to another workBOOK.

Your assistance is appreciated.
Griffo

--