Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bernd bernd is offline

Default Macro to select multiple columns

With this piece of code I can create my selection.

Sub MultiRange()
Dim r1 As Range, r2 As Range, myMultiAreaRange As Range
Set r1 = Range("D1:J1")
Set r2 = ActiveCell
Set myMultiAreaRange = Union(r1, r2)
myMultiAreaRange.EntireColumn.Select
End Sub

The problem that is stil left is the that of the ActiveCell. I want
the user to choose where that should be (which column)
I've tried:
Sub MultiRange()
Dim r1 As Range, r2 As Range, myMultiAreaRange As Range
Dim iColumn As Variant
iColumns = InputBox("Which column to add to the selection?")
Set r1 = Range("D1:J1")
Set r2 = ActiveCell
Set myMultiAreaRange = Union(r1, r2)
myMultiAreaRange.EntireColumn.Select

But this doesn't work right. I want the user to select the column that
should be added to the selection. Can someone help me out here?